Wednesday, November 16, 2011

6 Months

Age: Six Months
Weight: 11lb 11oz (2-5th percentile on the 4 month charts, 50th percentile on the 4 month preemie charts)
Height: 23.5 inches (25th percentile on the 4 month charts, 75th percentile on the 4 month preemie charts)

Likes: Toys that spin, "standing" (with help), her feet, Sophie The Rubber Giraffe (overpriced dog toy)
Dislikes: Sleeping alone, getting put in the carseat (once she's in, then she's fine), being ignored, waking up from naps, any sort food that isn't milk or formula

About two weeks or so before she turned 6 months, I was concerned because she wasn't displaying ANY interest in holding or touching toys. She was content to just look at them. In addition, rolling over was a completely foreign concept. She wasn't even trying or remotely interested.  Her sounds were still cooing, she was not yet babbling by putting two separate sounds together (da, oo-ah, etc). I knew that at this point in her adjusted age (almost 4 months adjusted), she should be doing these things. I told the preemie social worker, when she came out for her monthly visit, and she agreed with my assement, so we got a referral to a state run program for early intervention.

However, within a few weeks, Corinne started showing interest in toys, and she's almost rolling over (she can roll onto her side). I have met with 4 state employess for the early intervention program, all to fill out paperwork and answer the.same.questions.over.and.over.again (totally efficent, of course).

I'm still keeping the appointments for ealy intervention (physcial/occupational therapy). I still think Corinne is a tiny bit behind, on certain fine and gross motor skills, so hopefully the therapy will give me an idea of what games to play with her that are good for her development. And, I figure, I'd rather do a few month of therapy now than a few years later on down the road.