We worked out a babysitting swap, where she would take Corinne for a few hours one night, and the next week, I would take her daughter, Lydia, for a few hours one night.
So, the Saturday before Valentine's Day, M and I got dolled up, dropped Corinne off at my friend's house, and enjoyed a nice, romantic dining experience. We came back to find out that Corinne screamed bloody murder for the first 90 minutes, and then screamed off on and on for the next 90 minutes. True to form, she needed to be constantly held and walked around the house. No quietly playing for her. I felt like parent who picks up their kid from school, only to be told by the teacher that their kid bit 10 other kids that day.
Sigh.
The next Friday, we took Lydia for a few hours:
I now know how the "other half" lives. The other half (or rather, majority) that have non high maintenance babies. Lydia played nicely for a good hour. When she started to get a bit fussy, I fed her, and she went back to being a perfectly content angel. She was just so EASY. I could easily handle triplets or even quads if they were all like her.
