Saturday, November 17, 2012

18 months

Likes: Walking, running, spoons. Running with spoons. Sticking her hand into tight crevices (such as my armpit). I don't know if it's a comfort thing with her, or what. She hasn't yet attached onto a lovie or doll. Instead, to go to sleep, she likes to put her hands underneath me or M. Putting Cheerios in my shoes. Opening and closing doors. Thank God she hasn't figured out the whole handle thing, but she likes swinging open doors. Climbing. She can now climb up the couch and down the couch with ease. I've even caught her climbing up and down from the master bed...not so much with ease, though.

http://youtu.be/IUTkQcl1Cv8



She's still not talking yet, but understands very well and she'll do some communicative gestures, such as lifting her arms up if she wants to picked up, and shaking head "no" when she doesn't want something.  Her EI team is meeting this month to determine if she needs speech therapy.

She has 3 molars and 5 incisors.

Dislikes: Having things taken away from her or not being granted immediate access to whatever she wants. Having her hands washed off after a meal. Holding my hand in public, like in a busy parking lot. She'd much rather run into the path of an oncoming vehicle  So, I've started putting The Leash on her. It does feel a bit like walking a dog. I have to remind myself not to pull on the leash a bit to get her to go somewhere, like I would with a dog. We had story time at the library the other day. The ages were from 6m to 5y. All  the other kids sat very nicely on their carpet squares and watched the puppet show. Not her. She wanted to run around from person to person stealing sippy cups, stuffed animals out of other kids' hands, water bottles, keys, and purses. I had to follow her around and constantly redirect. Then Evan needed to be fed. I couldn't follow her around and feed him at the same time, so I leashed her to the stroller while I fed him. I really like the leash. She didn't.

Size: 12 month clothes, 30 inches, 18lb 10oz.





After a fine meal of dirt and rocks: