Evan kept whining at the base of climbing tree, wanting to climb it. I figured he'd climb up and down the circular stairs inside the tree for awhile (the man loves stairs).
Well, he climbed all the way up and into the little club house thing. No biggie, I thought, when he's ready, he'll either go down the slide or climb back down.
But he didn't. I took this picture 45 minutes later. He was still in the tree house. See that kid in the red "window"? Yep. That's Evan.
About this time, he started getting antsy. He'd look down at me and say "up? Up?" As he wanted me to pick him up.
I weighed my options on getting him down.
I tried the easiest option first. I told Corinne to go up there and push Evan down the slide.
So she went up there and they both waved to me from the window.
But she didn't push him down the slide. She just slid down on her own and said "I did it." What she did, I have no idea. But she fully expected accolades regardless.
So I sent her back up and told her to push Evan towards the stairs.
She opted to go down the slide instead.
Now I was running out of options. I had to climb up into the tree (meant for small children) to rescue my kid. I took my phone in case I got stuck and had to call the fire department.
A few curse words and banged knees later, I got him back down the tree. Crisis averted.
Corinne was just beside herself with excitement while I was in the tree since I was (in her mind) playing on play structure with her. After we got down, she kept trying to get me to go back in the tree with her. Hahahaha. Never again.


