Corinne and I went on a bug finding mission today. The mosquitoes loved me and my sleeveless shirt.
We passed by a picnic table pavilion where a little boy was celebrating his 5th birthday. The date did not escape me. Just when I think my emotional heart and rational head are in sync, my heart gives a little painful lurch and swoops me back, unwillingly, to five years ago.
Then I heard "Moooooom! I found a spider!" coming from under a slide where my beautiful and healthy daughter stuck her head. So we caught the spider and brought it home. I told her it was a daddy long legs. She argued with me that it was a mommy spider, not a daddy spider, and she was going to name it "skinny legs, like in Peppa pig."
We dumped the spider in the backyard later on that night so "it could have dinner."
Later on that day, we went to a fall festival/trunk or treat at a local church. I really need to sign Evan up for baseball. Even standing back at the "big kid" line for the "festival games", he was able to throw the balls into their respective holes. Kid has an arm and excellent aim.




