Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The phone is the devil

View Image
Today, I get into work and check my phone messages. I got a voice mail from my boss's boss. It says, "D, would you please call me back when you get this message?"

Uh-oh.

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what I may have done wrong. It must have been a really serious offense if SHE is calling me directly (not contacting me through email or IM), and not my boss. Turns out, she just wanted to tell me "Congrats on the pregnancy." I told my boss about the pregnancy on Monday afternoon...apparently the news made its rounds.

Crisis diverted.

Then I get another voice mail from my OBGYN's office; "D, this is C from Dr B's office. Please call me back at your earliest convenience."

Uh-oh. Maybe they got my NT bloodwork back and it was bad. Maybe the doctor looked over the ultrasound photos and they found something abnormal.

So, I call C, and she proceeds to cheerily tell me that they contacted my insurance company and all my prenatal visits are covered 100%. Uhhhh...thanks. I kinda already knew that, as I read my insurance benefits package cover to cover. But thanks for freaking me out. Appreciated.

So, today taught me that the phone (and cryptic voice mails in particular) are the devil. Pure devil.