Wednesday, February 23, 2011

19 weeks

How Far Along: 19w3d

Size of baby:
 Weighs 8½ ounces and measures 6 inches long from crown to rump. About the size of a Subway sub.
Other things baby is up to: Eyebrows are forming, vernix (a white waxy substance that protects the baby from getting pickled in the aminotic fluid) starts to appear, and baby is packing on "brown fat" (let's hope the Thin Mints I ate today goes to the baby's brown fat, and not my white butt fat)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +1 pound in the last week, total gain for the pregnancy: +5
Sex: Girl
Movement: None. Nada. Zip.
Sleep: Peeing 4-5 times a night tends to get in the way of 8 hours of sleep
Symptoms: When I get up quickly, I get a nice sharp round ligament pain reminding me not to do that
Maternity Clothes: Yes
Belly Button: Still a cavernous innie. I figure I'll find Jimmy Hoffa in there one of these days.
Milestones: Still pregnant! A few more days until the halfway mark!
Looking forward to: The anatomy scan
Next appointment: 2/28/11 The anatomy scan (also known as the "big" ultrasound)
Times I used the doppler in the last week: 2
Other: No sign yet of the dreaded heartburn. I put extra hot sauce on my dinner tonight in celebration!