Monday, February 14, 2011

New Deck!

The old deck was beginning to become a hazard. Boards were breaking, nails were sticking up, it wasn't exactly the safest place to enjoy the great outdoors.

So, we decided to get it replaced. But, we didn't really use the previous deck, as safety issues aside, it was either too cold to use the deck, or if you went out there in the summer, then you got eaten to death by mosquitoes.

I. Hate. Mosquitoes.

While replacing the deck, we had half of it screened in so we could enjoy istting outside in summer, but wouldn't get bitten. Even underneath the floor boards, there are two layers of screen so that little bugs can't find their way in. In one corner of the screened in section, we're installing a cat tree so that the cat can sit on her perch and watch the birds fly by. She's never scratched a screen before, so I think the screens will be safe.

I can't wait to sit out there this summer with a new little baby in my arms.

Here's the old deck:


And here's the new deck: