I would like to make a formal apology with the statement of "D'oh! Our bad." to Corinne.
When M and I were discussing names for a future son/daughter, the criteria was as follows:
1) Easy to spell
2) No yoo-neek spellings (replacing the "i"s with "y"s is lame)
3) Easy to pronounce
4) Not a stripper name (no sense in saddling her with daddy issues before she's even out of the womb). Sadly, "Alexis", one of the possible contenders, failed this particular criteria.
I researched the name Corinne, as I knew it could be spelled different ways. I searched for the most common, most traditional spelling out there. Where if a person follows the standard rules of English pronunciation, there is only one way to pronounce the name. I thought I did my homework.
So far, I'd venture to say that 75% of people have royally effed up either the pronunciation or the spelling of her name. Apparently, we failed #1 and #3 above (miserably). Now, the poor girl is going to have to go through life forever correcting people.
Oops. Our bad, sweetheart. When your future resume gets thrown out by an HR person because of the difficulty of your name, you can thank us. We'll try to do better with the next kid. Pinky swear.
And in case anyone is wondering....it's pronounced Kuh-rin or Cor-rin (rhymes with "inn"), depending on how lazy you are with your vowels.