For the 5:30p feeding (I wasn't there), the nurse tried bottle feeding again, and Corinne took all 29mL (an ounce, which is her normal feeding amount) orally via the bottle. Originally, the nurse put in 10mL, and then when she sucked that down like Charlie Sheen on a bender, put in a little more and a little more until all 29mL were down the hatch. The nurse was so excited that she called me. I was at home, having dinner. My cell phone told me the hospital was calling me. I've never received a call from them at night (I get a daily status call around 10a from the Dr each day), so I was dreading picking up that phone. I knew that they wouldn't be calling me at home, at night, unless it was something urgent. I was quite releived to hear that the "urgent matter" was just that my kid sucked down a whole feeding.
For the 8:30p feeding, M and I went back to the hospital, and he tried feeding her as well. About 10mL was successful in making its way from the bottle to her mouth:
The nurse also mentioned last night that Corinne will be moved into a crib. Her "heat lamps" have been off for a few days now, and she is maintaing her temperature quite well, so it's into a "big girl" bed (read: crib) for her. Hopefully when I go visit today, she'll be all snug in the new crib.
The Dr said that they'll try feeding her by mouth about 4 times a day (she eats 8 times a day). The golden rule is to not to try to bottle/breast feed for more than 30 minutes each time, or else she spends more calories eating than she would take in. I wish this concept worked for adults too. Where if I spent more time eating, I would burn more calories than I took in. Alas, this doesn't seem to be the case. Le sigh.
She weighed in at 3lbs, 8oz yesterday.
And, here's some recent pictures of cuteness:
| Being held by a proud grandma |