Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back in a bed

Ever since Corinne came home (minus two nights where we tried to make her sleep in her bassinet=epic fail), she and I have been sleeping on the couch together.

Well, realizing that I probably wasn't going to move back into our bedroom anytime soon, M and I brought down on of the guest beds to the green room downstairs. Last night, Corinne and I slept in a real bed, and it was awesome! Whoever comes into our house is going to wonder why there is a bed in the "formal living room" (which we call the green room...self explanitory explanation below) and wonder what sort of martial discourse is occuring. The ceiling fan in the green room is kind of broken (where if you want the fan on, the light HAS to be on), so I didn't use the ceiling fan. Instead, I took a box fan and stuck it right next to the a/c vent on the floor to move the cool air around. The box fan is fairly loud, providing that static white noise babies are suppossed to love. Corinne is quite content in that room.




We even successfully did the side-laying nursing position last night, which meant I could get a little light sleep while she used me as a human pacifier. I tried to re-create the results again this morning, and it was a no go. She has to lay straight, and she kept wanting to roll up in a little ball like a roly poly:


Corinne has one pretty good sleep stretch between midnight and 4a right now. It is 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep that I get and depend on. At 2a this morning, M wakes me up (now mind you, in order for him to wake me up, he has to exit the master bedroom and walk down the hall into the green room) to tell me that it was lightening outside, but there was no thunder. Seriously? Seriously. I may have taught Corinne a few curse words.

I told him this morning that unless we were being attacked by Klingons or Corinne was on fire, to not wake my ass up. Even if he was on fire. His fire could wait until morning. Don't take away my 4 hours. It's all I get some days. I was nursing at 4:30a this morning, and heard thunder but didn't see lightening. It took all my self control to not go into the bedroom and wake HIS ass up to tell him about this amazing turn of events.

Ever since Corinne was born, it has been like Christmas in July (and May and June). Packages arrived almost daily with cute baby things inside from distant friends and family. Now, being that it has been 2.5 months since she was born, Christmas was drying up (which probably made the UPS guys VERY happy to not have to get out of the truck and deliver packages at our front door). But, a package came yesterday from my sister and her husband with some super cute outfits inside.

Here is Corinne modeling one of them. Thankfully, they are Carter newborn size (as opposed to Gerber newborn size), so she still has a bit of room to grow into them:


Knowing that I'll need to figure out how to nurse in public in the near future (since we have a few out of town trips coming up), I played around with slings yesterday to try to find one that she could nurse discreetly in. I put her in a Balboa sling, and not less than 2 minutes after I put her in, I felt and heard a pooplosion. So, I took her out, and went to change her. I noticed that she had poo on her foot. Odd. Then I noticed the poo smell was....strong. I looked down and my whole arm was covered in poo. How did this happen? I then looked inside the sling. Oh. Ewww.

I've always heard that poo isn't as gross when it's your OWN baby's poo. Yeah...I'm not buying it. That shnizz is still gross.

Here is the outift she ruined (thankfully, it's breastmilk poo, so it should come out in the wash quite well). It was a really cute outfit too. I call it her gay pride outfit (since it's rainbow striped). Marriage equality for all, right sweetie? Not even 3 months old, and she's socially aware (and looks darn good doing it...so cute!)