M's cousin was getting married in Minnesota over the weekend. We debated on taking Corinne on the trip (which included a 2 hour plane flight). However, after speaking to her doctor, and getting the green light (being sure to sipe everything down with sanitizing wipes, keeping grabby strangers at bay, quizing anyone who wanted to hold her "have you washed your hands, has anyone in your household been sick in the last week, etc"), we left on Thursday and came back on Monday. She did great on the flights. She nursed, cooed and slept. The ideal baby.
| An attempted stow-away |
While in MN, I met up with a friend who was due two weeks after I was. A stranger came up to us and asked if the babies were twins.
The first night we were there, we made sure to hit up Chino Latino for dinner. Yum yum yum. M had a blue Hawaiian and I had a hard cider. Corinne looked longingly at the drinks, I think.
| M's aunt and Corinne |
The wedding was held at the bride's parents house in northern MN. There were about 250 guests, and a handful of babies. The next youngest baby was 7 weeks old (Corinne is 4 weeks old, adjusted), and he was a big boy. So, Corinne was the most petite baby there, which earned her lots of "ZOMG, she's soooo cute" comments. I had to agree with everyone's assessment of her. She finally got to wear her intended "coming home outfit" that I had picked out for her, since it finally fit. As the temperature got cooler during the night, I changed her into warm sleeper PJ's, but I was glad to see that the "coming home outfit" finally got some use.
M's cousin, the groom, is on the right, holding his son, who was born last October (were there ANY baby boys NOT born last October?!?). His twin, the best man is in the middle, and M is on the left. The "theme" of the wedding was "backyard DIY", so instead of wearing tuxes, the groom and best man wore checkered shirts.
| Waiting for the ceremony to start |
| M's extended family |
| The vows |
All eyes may have been on the bride, but M's eyes were somewhere else. So was the lens of my camera.
| During the ceremony |
Halfway through the ceremony, Corinne started her evening fussiness, so M took her on a walk.
The reception was held in a tent in the front yard of the bride's parent's house. Corinne slept through most of it, even the fireworks that were set off, and the live band that played. It was nice having the wedding at a house, as that meant I could retreat into the house to nurse. There was a comfy couch in the den that I parked myself on.
There was a really weird chick at the wedding who had a 2 year old son. The chick was the cousin of the bride. The night before the wedding, we were at the "rehearsal dinner" with about 50 other guests, which was held at the bride's parent's house. M and I were in the den talking, while I was nursing Corinne. This weird chick came in the room, said something to us, and then left. I didn't pay much attention, but I learned after the fact that she told us to be quiet since her 2 year old son was sleeping in another room. I guess Corinne was slurping too loud? The next day at the wedding, she brought her son again, and put him to sleep in the house. She then went around shushing anyone who was in the house (mind you, this was a wedding with fireworks, a live band, and 250 guests), and set up printed signs everywhere saying that her baby was sleeping, so people needed to be quiet. Apparently, the drama came to head when the best man's girlfriend went down into the basement (where the crazy chick's son was napping) to get the best man's jacket, and the crazy chick told her off for being in the same room as her sleeping son.
Despite the crazy chick, it was a really fun wedding. They didn't have a wedding cake, but they had a s'more bar near the firepit. I lost count on how many s'mores I made that night. Corinne enjoyed being held by the warm fire. Around 11p, the s'more bar turned into a s'more and hot dog bar, which was great for a midnight snack after dancing and drinking for most the night.
| Snoozing during the reception |
The next day after the wedding, we did a little sightseeing and went to Lake Superior: