Monday, September 10, 2012

38 weeks


How Far Along: 38w

Size of baby: No idea what he's "supposed" to weigh, but his belly is above the 97th percentile, his head is in the 90th percentile, and his legs are in the 70th percentile. At 37w, he was guesstimated to weigh in at 8lb 9oz. But, the weight guesstimations can be off by +/- 20% either way. So, he's somewhere between 6.5lb-10.5lbs.

I'm thinking he'll be 8lb 3oz at birth. M thinks 9lb even at birth.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +25

Sex: Boy!

Movement: He likes to head-butt my right ovary and stick his butt out to the left of my flattish looking belly button.

Sleep: During the day, I think "you know, I could be pregnant for another month, no problem!". During the night, between the uncomfortableness, the kicking because he and I both want the same side, the pelvic pain, the leg cramps, etc, I think "Get this baby out, NOW!!!"

Symptoms: I'm on high alert for any labor symptoms, and so far, no dice. I had a pressure point massage this morning, I have a wax this afternoon, I've been eating spicy food, walking, having sex, pretty much all the old wives' tales. So far, nothing.

Maternity Clothes: I'm looking wistfully at the maternity section in my closet, knowing I'll be packing them up soon. Except those demi-panel jeans. Love those things. This is the one time in my life where I'm proud of my belly and will gladly wear belly hugging shirts. I'm sad to soon go back to the "don't look at my belly" clothes.

Belly Button: Still technically an innie, but a very very shallow innie. I'm starting to get small purple stretch marks on the left side of the belly. Probably because he likes to stick his butt out on that side.

Next appointment: No more appointments. Instead, on Thursday, Sept 13, little dude is scheduled to come out through the sunroof at 6:45a. Which means we have to get to the hospital at 4:45a. Babies should not be born prior to 10a, in my opinion.

My hopes for a VBAC are slowly diminishing. If I go into labor on my own prior to Thursday, then I can attempt a VBAC. If not, a repeat c section is happening on Thursday. They won't induce labor if you've had a prior c section, as that increases the risk of uterine rupture.