Tuesday, March 8, 2011

21 weeks

How Far Along: 21w2d

Size of baby: She weighs over 12.7 ounces and is a little larger than 10 1/2 inches long, or about the length of a banana.
Other things baby is up to: Her growth has slowed somewhat though she is still growing and developing at a remarkable pace. Her skin, organs and central nervous system continue to develop and mature. The intestines are slowly starting to contract and relax.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4 pound in the last week, total gain for the pregnancy: +9 (I'm still scratching my head over how I gained 4 pounds in a week.)
Sex: Girl
Movement: Maybe, kinda, sorta? I keep feeling little bubbles right above my pubic bone a few times a day. Usually when I'm lying down or reclining at my desk chair at work.
Sleep: I'm waking up a lot during the night (can't get comfortable, pee breaks, etc)
Symptoms: Feeling good (minus the whole sleeping soundly part)
Maternity Clothes: You betcha!
Belly Button: Innie still.
Milestones: More consistent movement (if what I'm feeling is movement, and not just my body saying "WTF" to the Indian food I ate earlier.)
Looking forward to: The appointment/ultrasound with th MFM in 4 weeks. Please grow, baby girl. Get comfy in the "normal" range, K?
Next appointment: 3/29/11
Times I used the doppler in the last week: 1
Other: I collected a day's worth of pee and turned it in on Monday morning. I had to find the world's largest purse to cart my jug o' pee around in. It was a humbling experience, to say the least.

 

And a front view (yeah, I have no idea where my waist went either):