How Far Along: 23w2d
Size of baby: She is about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound 1.5 pounds (about the same as a mango)
Other things baby is up to: Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that her increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as a dog barking (in our case, "Cooper", the neighbor's annoying dog) or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +1 pound in the last week, total gain for the pregnancy: +9
(I lost 3 pounds while I was home sick last week, but managed to gain those back by Sunday.)
Size of baby: She is about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound 1.5 pounds (about the same as a mango)
Other things baby is up to: Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that her increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as a dog barking (in our case, "Cooper", the neighbor's annoying dog) or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +1 pound in the last week, total gain for the pregnancy: +9
(I lost 3 pounds while I was home sick last week, but managed to gain those back by Sunday.)
Sex: Girl
Movement: Yep. Still feels about the same. Little jabs right above my pubic bone. Apparently she is breech and has no plans to change position anytime soon!
Sleep: It didn't help that I've had a God-awful cold for the last week. I took two sick days from work, but I still have the sore throat/coughing/runny nose that keeps me up at night.
Symptoms: My lone stretch mark now has a friend. Thankfully, they are both still white, so while it's hard to see them, but I can sure feel them!
Maternity Clothes: Oh, yes.
Belly Button: Innie still.
Sleep: It didn't help that I've had a God-awful cold for the last week. I took two sick days from work, but I still have the sore throat/coughing/runny nose that keeps me up at night.
Symptoms: My lone stretch mark now has a friend. Thankfully, they are both still white, so while it's hard to see them, but I can sure feel them!
Maternity Clothes: Oh, yes.
Belly Button: Innie still.
Milestones: 5 days to viability day!
Looking forward to: The appointment/ultrasound with the MFM next Tuesday afternoon.
Looking forward to: The appointment/ultrasound with the MFM next Tuesday afternoon.
Next appointment: 3/29/11
Times I used the doppler in the last week: 1. She went into "stealth ninja mode" on me, so I didn't feel her all day. No kicks to let me know she's still alive? Then she gets the doppler. Simple cause and effect. Based on the kicks I heard via the doppler, she wasn't a happy camper that I brought the doppler out. However, we haven't had anymore stealth ninija episodes since.
Other: I washed all the premie, newborn, and 0-3 months clothes we were given. Now, I just need to organize them and hang them up. Oh, and the crib wasn't put together last weekend. Two parents-to-be who were sick over the weekend didn't get a whole lot done besides watch TV and sleep.
Taken at 23w2d:
And, just for fun...the difference that 12 weeks makes:
Taken at 23w2d:
And, just for fun...the difference that 12 weeks makes:
