Tuesday, March 15, 2011

22 weeks

How Far Along: 22w2d

Size of baby: At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, she is starting to look like a miniature newborn.
Other things baby is up to: Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. She has fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: -1 pound in the last week, total gain for the pregnancy: +8
Sex: Girl
Movement: Yep. I got some good jabs around 4a this morning. She is still breech, as I fee the jabs down low: right above my pubic bone. She gets active when I lie down on my back, or if I'm sitting with my thighs close to my chest.
Sleep: I'm still waking up a lot during the night and will usually lie awake for about 30 minutes around 4a.
Symptoms: I think I'm starting to waddle. I don't feel as graceful walking around as I did before. Also, I have a 3 inch long stretch mark (at least it's a white mark, not purple) on the right side of my belly.
Maternity Clothes: You betcha!
Belly Button: Innie still.
Milestones: 12 days to viability day! 142 days down, 124 days left to go!
Looking forward to: The appointment/ultrasound with th MFM in 2 weeks.
Next appointment: 3/29/11
Times I used the doppler in the last week: 1
Other: I'm checking out a crib today after work. Like, a place to put a baby. A live baby. Gulp.