Thursday, August 2, 2012

32 weeks

Oy. I feel big. Getting up from sitting on the floor (pretty much the only position Corinne "allows" me to be in nowadays) feels like raising the Titanic from the bottom of the ocean. It's a process and I wish I had use of an industrial crane.

My belly button is still an innie, and no noticeable stretch marks. But, there's no denying I'm pregnant now. Even the checkout lady at the grocery store said to me "oooh, you're getting close".

During the biophysical ultrasound today, baby boy (name is still being debated) is guesstimated to weigh in at 5.25lbs. That's a lot of baby. All his measurements were about 2-4 weeks ahead. His head and belly are in the "greater than 97th" percentile.

And, he has hair. The ultrasound tech pointed out a large swath of hair on top of his head. I guess I make hairy babies. Everywhere we go, people comment on Corinne's full head of hair. Must be the Italian in us.

I've been debating on if I should add some preemie clothes to his stash. I think I'll hold off. It looks like even if he comes early, he'll be able to fit into the Gerber newborn size juuuuust fine (which we have a lot of).

I have the basic necessities ready to go in a diaper bag. I went to Labor and Delivery last Sunday. I was having some back pain on my right side, the same location I started having it with Corinne a few days before she was born. I took my blood pressure at home a few times over the course of an hour and the bottom number was in the mid 90's.

So, with those two strikes against me, I called my doctor's office and they notified L+D of my imminent arrival. I had 50 protein in my urine, and my blood pressure was elevated. But within an hour, my blood pressure dropped to 110/60. The labs they ran on my blood (to test for HELLP/pre-e) all came back clean, so my Dr discharged me. I followed up with him at the office on Tuesday and Thursday. Everything is back to normal and looking good. He debated on having me come in twice a week for checks, but after promises on my part to call with the slightest symptom of pre-e, he said I could continue with just the once a week ultrasound/check.