Thursday, August 29, 2013

Consignment Sales

This last weekend was my MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) bi yearly fundraiser (the money goes mostly to the teen MOPS group but also goes to cover our child are for MOPS meetings): the fall consignment sale.

Since I was a volunteer worker, I got first dibs on items before the general public. I stocked any missing holes in Corinne's closet in size 2T and stocked Evan's closet in 18m with fall/winter clothes and shoes. 

I'm such a money snob about kids' clothes and toys. If I ever buy a new outfit  or new toys, it seriously pains me. On the last day of the consignment sale, most items were half off. 

So I picked up any "must have items" during the first day of the sale and then back filled stuff like play shirts/pants and "sure that would be neat" toys on the last day of the sale. 

I must have bought Corinne about 7 Halloween themed outfits. With her starting preschool next week, now she has an excuse to wear cute clothes like that. 

Here were my finds:

A $5 lobster Halloween costume for Evan. I was planning on having him wear the lion costume Corinne wore last year. But OMG. A MFing lobster. This pic doesn't do the costume justice. I'll get a better one for Halloween.

But here are some stock photos of the costume. 



A $15 tricycle that is push/steerable by an adult:

A $5 art table:

And the coup de grace... A $37 bounce house:

I also got another tandem double stroller ($25) that I like better than my current tandem, so I'll sell the current one. Total cost for everything (toys+clothes): $200.

Ain't bad. I feel so thrifty.