I had my first appointment with the OB around week 9/10. I thought I would be getting a pap smear, so I was sure to take a shower beforehand and "clean up the lady bits", but no, it was just "pee in this cup...yep your pregnant...here's a goody bag with free stuff". So, it would figure that when I had my NT scan on Mar 19, I didn't think there would be any lady bit spelunking, so I didn't take a shower, and I didn't clean up down there.
Well, I walk into the room after the scan and see the pap equipment and a gown on the bed. I think that's Murphy's 34th law. I apologized to the Dr, but he waved it off, saying that there's not much he gets offended by anymore. At which point, he proceeds to tell me that part of an OB's job is fishing out old tampons that have been up there for multiple months. So, my no showering that morning would hardly assault his senses.
In other news, I found the heartbeat on the doppler for the first time at 10w5d. M and Corinne heard it too. I tried it again around 12w and couldn't find it. Then, I tried it again that evening and found it. New baby likes to play hide and seek!
The NT scan went perfectly (minus Corinne being very tired and cranky because she was up every 30 minutes the prior night). The NT measurement was 1.3 (anything below 2.5 is great), the skull was perfectly formed, the heartbeat was 145/minute, and all measurements checked out perfectly. The OB surprised me by moving my due date up. So, instead of being due on Sept 28, I'm now due on Sept 24. The tech guessed that the baby was a girl. But, we were also told that Corinne was rocking boy parts at her NT scan, so I'm not rushing out to paint the new nursery pink. Assuming I actually make it to September, I can try for vaginal birth. I'm not looking forward to having a c section again. The recovery SUCKS!
Here s/he is at 12w3d (changed to 13w0d):
I still am having minor morning sickness (which doesn't usually come on until the afternoon/evening). If I have a headache and I'm hungry, then I feel much stronger nausea.
Already, I can tell I'm going to be much more lax about updating this blog with the new baby stats. The curse of the subsequent children. In order to update the blog, I have to use an actual computer (as opposed to a phone), and Corinne doesn't have the patience to watch me type away.