Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Sick day/Best day

While Evan was home sick (fever, cold), Corinne had a "top 5 day".

M stayed home with Evan, snuggling on the recliner and catching up on all of his (M's) TV shows, while I took Corinne out for a girls' day. 

First we went to Subway to pick up some sandwiches and Corinne got to pick a bag of chips out. She chose the baked plain (yellow), despite my recomendation to pick the BBQ chips. Oh well...is there any such thing as a bad chip? 

Then we get to the park and had a picnic (complete with real picnic blanket on the lawn) with her friend (and idol), 5yo Olivia and Olivia's mom. Her NICU buddy,  Parker, stopped by for a bit with a big black dog that let Corinne pet him. Olivia brought fruit snacks (kid-crack) and shared them with Corinne. This further cemented Olivia into Idol territory. Then, the kids played on the park playground, and I also played hide and seek with her. She chose a hiding spot behind a 4 inch diameter tree, 10 feet away from where I was counting, repeatedly. She also giggled (loudly) the whole time I was "looking" for her. 

Next, we packed up the picnic supplies and brought out Corinne's bike and Olivia's scooter. So far, she's only ridden the bike inside the house and in the garage. So this was its true maiden voyage. She did really well pedaling. Needed help up inclines, and the concept of brakes alludes her, but pedaling+steering, she has down. 



Right before leaving, we played hopscotch.

Then we left, went home, took a short nap, and left for another adventure: the trampoline place. First we stopped by Olivia's house to pick her up, along with her parents (benefits of a minivan) and we went to a place that Corinne thought was amazing. For a girl that likes to jump, this was like a birthday and Disneyland all rolled into one. 

She jumped/ran for a solid hour and change, giggling the whole time. 


The cool thing about this trampoline park were the tilted trampolines. Perfect for sliding down, head first. She must have done this at least 25 times:


I got a good workout in as well. I also realized that Evan demolished my bladder muscles, because each time I'd jump, a drop would leak out. Thanks, kids. Mostly Evan, because a 2lb kid doesn't do much damage to the pregnant host, but an 8lb 11oz kid definitely will.  

Then we went out to dinner with Olivia and her mom. Corinne polished off an entire taco, some rice/beans, and one of those cinnamon sugar things. She worked up an appetite!

We finally got home around 9:15p. She's going to sleep real well tonight :)

So am I.