Needless to say, by the time I got I home, my back teeth were floating.
The lightbulb went on in my head: *Ding*
Not about to waste a full bladder golden opportunity (pun fully intended), I quickly broke out the fetal doppler and the aloe gel. I stripped off my work clothes and smeared the aloe all over my lower belly. It was about that time M got home, walked into the bedroom and saw his wife naked, covered in green goo, while trying to push a curious cat off the bed. The look on his face was priceless.
I turned the doppler on...and nothing. I moved it around my belly for a few minutes, and there IT was. The heartbeat was bit clearer then last week's attempt. It was so cool. I shouted to M "It's still alive!!"
On a side note, a question was posed to me today: When you were growing up, what did your parents lie to you about?
A few thoughts flitted through my head: Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, that Dad takes his dumps on the moon (wait, that was my brother who said that). But one lie in particular stuck out at me.
They told me that having unprotected sex would result in pregnancy.
I guess it -ended- up being true, in a way, but they should have been A LOT more clear on the concept. I still have a hard time believing that I'm actually pregnant. With a baby. Whoa.