Monday, January 16, 2012

8 months

Likes: She has a soft spot for electrical cords, plastic bags and prescription eyewear. A brightly colored block pales in comparison to those other fun toys. Being carried on my hip, sitting in the highchair at loud restaurants, watching everything.

Dislikes: I'm noticing that she has a stubborn streak in her. If I try to move her arm a certain way, she'll push back, but if I let her grab my finger, then she'll hold on, no matter where I move my hand. When the cat sniffs her head. Sleeping without the swaddle. Sleeping by herself.

Height: somewhere around 26''-ish
Weight: somewhere around 14lbs-ish

New tricks: sitting up unassisted for long periods of time


Until she gets frustrated:


Swaddle=baby that doesn't wake up every hour. At this rate, I'm thinking I may need to still swaddle her when she goes off to college.




The other day, I noticed she had a rogue eyelash. I picked it off of her, and then I realized, her eyelashes are longer than mine:


And now for the 8 month pictures:


This was one of my favorite newborn outfits on her, with the knitted preemie hat:


For comparison:


Her first hat:  

For comparison:


Her "coming home" dress: 

For comparison:


The size of her first diaper:

For comparison:


 And now just cuteness:









Holy moley, she is one good looking baby. < --- totally unbiased opinion