Monday, September 19, 2011

Californication - part 1 (meeting relatives)

Corinne just spent 3 weeks doing the California circuit, visiting relatives (up until this point, the only relative she met was her maternal grandmother). I flew with her, by myself, from the east coast to the west coast (M joined us a week later). Thankfully, she flies just fine. I bring the boppy, lay her out on it, and give her free access to a boob. Free access to boob + loud jet noise + slight movement = one happy baby.

Since we were there for 3 weeks, there's a lot of stories and pictures to share, but let's just start out with the meeting of the relatives.

Starting with my side of the family:

Corinne's maternal grandparents




Grandpa holding her for the first time



Aunt Jill and Uncle Jeremy



Enjoying lunch, compliments of Aunt Jill



Making funny faces with Aunt Jill, while "furry cousin" looks on



Doing pull-ups with Uncle Jeremy



Riding "cousin" Scooter. Corinne wasn't impressed.



Aunt Alice


Uncle Mark and Aunt Alice. Mark wasn't able to get his whooping cough vaccine, so there's no photos of him holding Corinne, but here he is holding a glass of champagne!

Dancing Baby. I'm sure Corinne will forgive us....someday.


Great Uncle Rick and Great Aunt Linda
And now, M's side of the family:


Meeting Grandma for the first time



Meeting Grandpa



Meeting Aunt Valerie



Making funny faces with Grandpa


M's maternal aunt and uncle/Corinne's Great Uncle Craig (who officiated our wedding) and Great Aunt Nancy


Grandpa's family (brothers, mother) From left to right: Lee, Mary-Jane, Cathy, me, Corinne, M, Daryl (Grandpa), Chris



Meeting Great Grandma (M's paternal grandmother)



Four generations

Meeting all those people can tire a girl out:




We took the red eye flight home. I dropped M off at work on the way back from the airport, and came home. I noticed that our kitchen trash can was missing. I looked down the basement stairs and found this. Apparently Kitty got bored and decided to push the trash can down the stairs. Thankfully, it was (mostly) empty when we left for vacation.


Bad Kitty