Friday, September 23, 2011

Nicknames

While I'm not a fan of "official" nicknames: Jon for Johnathon, etc, I barely call Corinne by her name. One of these days I know the Dr is going to ask me if she responds to her name, and I'm going to sit there, looking like a deer in headlights.

So, here is a list of what she goes by (based on whatever she happens to be doing at that moment):

drooley-monster
fussy-pants
smiley-face
princess
chubby-bunny
cutie-patutey
stink-muffin
sweet-pea
sleepy-pants
snuggle-puss

the list goes on.

Poor child isn't going to know what her name ACTUALLY is until she's 27, I think. I can very easily imagine her coming home from first grade saying to me "School was great, but I couldn't figure out who this "Corinne" chick is. I think my teacher is mentally imbalanced" <----yes, at six years of age she'll have a lovely, slightly cynical sense of humor


Drooley-Monster, in her element