Friday, October 26, 2012

Trip to the tot lot

I really wish our neighborhood had a tot lot. Instead it has tennis courts which never get used except for by the neighborhood teens who find it's location quite suitable for smoking a bowl and having sex.

Yesterday we took advantage of the awesome fall weather and sneaked into a nearby neighborhood's tot lot. Thankfully we had the place to ourselves. Getting to this tot lot requires a whopping 3 minute drive. On the way back, I planned it perfectly, I would give Corinne a 5 oz bottle (no way she could finish it in 3 minutes), and then once we got back home, I'd bring her upstairs and put her down for a nap. If she sleeps in the car, then the nap is ruined, as no matter how long she sleeps for, she thinks that she slept for a full 2 hours and is.no.longer.tired, but will instead become a whiney PITA because she really IS tired.

Even the best laid plans go awry. Within that 3 minute drive she not only sucked down the entire bottle, but promptly fell asleep. Which means that when we got home, I tried to put her back to sleep but her 30 second cat nap energized her.

Thankfully, within an hour she was a red hot emotional whiny mess. So, I tried putting her down for a nap (part two), and she fell asleep for 2 hours. ::fist pump::

http://youtu.be/uCnS_Nh79xY




http://youtu.be/TFOX1Te_ky4